Christianity in affirming the following basic tenets of the Christian faith:
The sinfulness of mankind
The Deity of Jesus Christ,
His atonement for the sin of mankind,
The need of the Holy Spirit for conversion,
The Divine inspiration of the Scriptures,
The resurrection of the dead, and
Rewards and punishment in a future state.
Further to these core beliefs, we seek to exercise the following:
In essential beliefs – we have unity
Ephesians 4:4-6, “There is one Body and one Spirit…there is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of us all…”
In non-essential beliefs – we have liberty
Romans 14:1,4,12,22, “Accept him whose faith is weak, without passing judgement on disputable matters…Who are you to judge someone else’s servant? To his own master he stands or falls…So then each of us will give an account of himself to God…So whatever you believe about these things keep between yourself and God.”
1 Corinthians 13:2, “If I hold in my mind not only all human knowledge but also the very secrets of God, and if I have no love, I amount to nothing at all.”
- BBible – is our authority in all matters relating to faith and life, it is not only our manual for living but also God’s very words to us.
- AAutonomy – each local church is autonomous and is responsible under Christ as Head for its own decisions and life and witness
- PPriesthood of all believers – each Christian has access to a personal relationship with God and each Christian believer has a role to play in the church and God’s mission on earth
- TTransforming Gospel – the gospel of Jesus Christ is Good News because it changes lives and enables the Christian believer to develop towards maturity – becoming more and more Christ- like
- IImmersion Baptism – Christian Baptism is for believers only and being immersed in water in the Name of Christ is about our being immersed into Christ’s Body, Lordship, and Leadership.
- SSalvation involves a spiritual rebirth – The Christian life can only be lived after we have been born again by the Holy Spirit of God who comes and lives within the Christian believer to lead, empower and enable him
- TTelling others the Good News – all Christian believers have the responsibility to share with others the Good News of the Gospel of what Christ has done for us in forgiving our sins and restoring our relationship with God.
“A growing church serving a growing community”